7.15.2015

Homeschool Planet~ REVIEW

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/-2015%20CREW/Homeschool-Planet-Logo-Hi_Res%20872x_zpsirhewxf1.pngI am the most unorganized person in the whole wide world!  Do you relate at all to that statement?  I have tried many many different schedules, calendars, online programs...you name it I have tried.  Because I am literally a crazy person when it comes to being organized with my whole life.  A few weeks ago I was presented a Review opportunity to try Homeschool Planet for a full year from Homeschool Buyers Co-op.  Would this work for me?  Can I be less stressed and walk among the regular folks of organized town.  Or am I doomed for the slums of No name.  It's called No Name, because I can't remember the name of the town.....I lost it in one of my piles of papers.

So, let's take a little look here about Homeschool Buyers Co-op.  I had never heard of them before, because yes I live under a rock.  But, after learning about them and doing a little digging I've realized they are pretty darn Amazing!!!  They are the largest buyers club for Homeschooling families.  They offer the opportunity to get tons of different curriculum and resources at a discounted price.  When I first went online to their website I was there for over 2 hours...it was like seeing the castle at Disney for the 1st time. :)
Homeschool Planet is an online tool to help you not only organize your Homeschool life, but all other areas of your life as well.  I simply LOVE this, because I have found in the past where the planner or program was more designed for one or the other.  This is designed for both and there is no down-siding either one.  They offer a FREE 30 day trial of the online Planner and then afterwards you would pay just $65 a year or $6.95 a month.

Once I logged in for the first time I will admit I was a bit overwhelmed.  But, I watched the little video and easily downloaded pics of the whole Family and was on my way to setting everything up.  I started with the easier things first.  And for me that was the To Do List....I know I know simple stuff.  But, I'm a difficult case over here. :)  I also used the Shopping List feature also...baby steps for me.  

Afterwards I explored the calendar....I was super impressed with this. I actually was shocked how simple it really was to fill it out.  You click on the Day, decide if it's school related, a Holiday of some sort or an errand-chore-sport....you get the picture.  Then you type what it is, pick a color so you can color code if your into that.....(I am now!)  And then you click who is involved and then save.  I promise you that's it.  At this point I thought maybe I could tackle getting all the school stuff logged in.  Right now my calendar was just filled with appointments, errands, softball, you know all of that "Life" stuff.  School time was going to be much harder for me....this is always the part where I crumble, throw out the "system" and stay in crazy town.  Was this program any different??????  So, I clicked to add some stuff and this is what I saw.... 
 Let's just say I freaked and turned off the computer for the rest of the day.  :)  But the next morning with my coffee I set out to get the ball rolling.  And I was so pleased with the ease of it all.  I had really let the fears I had rolling around in my head get the best of me.  It was real simple and fast to type in all the school stuff.  Putting it all down actually gave me a little insight on why we tend to get overwhelmed mid week.  My poor boy has too much to do and not enough time.
I love that I can see our schedule as a Family and individual.  I can see it by the month, week, day and hour.  It's super easy to change things, push them back a day or a week and truly customize it to work for You....not cause You to work more.  You can even add website links right to the calendar, how awesome is that?  I'm a Paper person normally, because I feel I have more control.  Well, not here....I have just as much control, if not more.  And I'm Loving it!!!
I had the most fun printing of the chore and to do list.  We would print off each Kiddos schedule for the week and I would put it in the inside of their writing binder.  Super easy, right?  Well, they can also log on and have their very own profile.  You can customize what they can do and see.  I also loved being able to go on my phone and double check when we were available for an appointment or commitment while we were out and about.  And more then once I sent Skylar a list of goodies to pick up from the store.

So, do we LOVE it?  Yes, this in the 3 years of reviewing products by far has surprised me the most.  I was leery, didn't think I would like it or even be able to use it.  I was shocked at the simplicity and Power of this Organizational Masterpiece!!!  If you have a Life....You need this!  No mater if you have 1 kid or 20 kids.  No matter if this is your 1st year homeschooling or you are a sworn in Veteran.....You need this to keep your head on straight and you just might actually find the time to get those cupcakes baked that you have been promising your kiddos. 

I will fair warn you though.  With this program you will find out where your time is going.  You will see time patterns open up and you may be a little scared of all this extra time you may or may not find hiding here and there.  
Don't forget to stop by and say hi to the good Folks at Homeschool Buyers Co-op on Social Media:
Crew Disclaimer
Homeschool Planet Review

No comments:

Post a Comment